Training and immigration to New Zealand for manager
At the moment, managers are not on the list of sought-after specialties in New Zealand, which means that it will be extremely unlikely to find work in this area without a local education and work visa. The thing is that in order to obtain a work visa, the employer will have to prove to Immigration New Zealand that they need you specifically as an employee and that they could not find a suitable local specialist. And since there are enough managers in New Zealand who work across all sectors, proof of the need for you specifically will be a very difficult task.
RESOLVING THE ISSUE OF MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND FOR MANAGERS
That’s why the best way for most managers wishing to move to New Zealand is professional training. There are various possible directions: Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Information Science, International Business, Management, Marketing Management, Tourism and so on.
At the same time, training can be both economical and prestigious. Follow this link for more information on the difference between universities. You can pick up a program in almost any major city in New Zealand. More information about different cities in New Zealand .
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO UNIVERSITIES IN NEW ZEALAND
To gain admission to a training program, you need to pass IELTS Academic or an equivalent to the required score (depends on the level of training), or a free internal test in some institutes is required. For those who already have an education, the training will last 1 year, during which each student has the right to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week). This will not only improve your language skills, but also ensure that you earn for your stay.
But most importantly – at the end of the course students are given a Post Study Work Visa. This is a one-year visa for a related job search. More about the visa.
HOW TO FIND A JOB AFTER GRADUATION?
On this subject, we have prepared for you an entire article with statistics and useful links for assistance in finding a job.
The most common way to find a job is to monitor jobs on websites:
- trademe.co.nz and seek.co.nz are the most popular sites for job search.
- workhere.co.nz and workingin-newzealand.com – sites for foreign applicants. Employers who post jobs on these sites are usually very familiar with the process of hiring a foreign specialist.
- nz.gradconnection.com is an excellent resource for a job search, if you just graduated and do not have much work experience.
- sjs.co.nz – here you will find job ads for students
- группа Facebook – here you will find ads for mostly Russian-speaking employers
Estimate of prospects for employment and estimated salaries can be found on the official website of Careers.
WHERE TO WORK AFTER GRADUATION?
To extend your working Post Study visa or to obtain residency, you need to find a job that will be related to the training you have gone through. That is, you must apply the acquired skills to a new location, and your job descriptions should be logically correlated with the passed subjects, although not necessarily completely. What positions you will be able to apply for after graduation, you can read in our article.
WHAT IF MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH?
If you need to scrub up on your English, talk through the options with our managers, as some universities offer free language courses before university programmes begin. You can also get acquainted with our selection of the best cost language schools.
HOW TO MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND WITH YOUR FAMILY?
If you want to come with a family or a partner, you can choose to study at Level 8 (for more information about education levels click here ). Your partner is guaranteed a working visa for the duration of your training and can work with any employer and anywhere. If you have children, they will be able to attend a public school for free (the cost of studying in schools under other conditions is not less than $ 10,000 NZD per year).
Many are interested in Master Degrees Level 9, but we recommend starting with Postgraduate Diploma Level 8. With this qualification, you are less likely to become overqualified when looking for the first job, it’s cheaper, faster, and besides, you can always go on to level 9 upon completion of level 8, without losing time and money.
TRAINING OPTIONS FOR MANAGERS IN NEW ZEALAND
Level 8 programs vary in cost from NZ $ 16,000 in private universities to NZ $ 33,000 in universities.
LEVEL 8 UNIVERSITIES, NZ $ 25,000-33,000 PER YEAR:
- The University of Auckland, Masters of Business Administration (Auckland)
- University of Otago, Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (Dunedin)
- University of Canterbury, Postgraduate Diploma in Business (Christchurch)
- Victoria University, Postgradaute Diploma in Business Administration (Wellington)
- Massey University, Postgraduate Diploma in Business (Auckland, Wellington, Palmerston North)
- The University of Waikato, Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies (Hamilton)
- Auckland University of Technology, Postgraduate Diploma in Business (Auckland)
- Lincoln University, Postgraduate Diploma in Сommerce (Christchurch)
LEVEL 8 GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS, NZ $ 20000-23000 PER YEAR:
- Unitec, Postgraduate Diploma in Business (Auckland)
- Otago Polytechnic, Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management (Dunedin, Auckland)
- Wintec, Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Informatics (Hamilton)
- EIT, Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management (Napier, Auckland)
- NMIT, Postgraduate Diploma in International Business (Nelson, Auckland)
- Whitireia, Postgraduate Diploma in Management (Auckland)
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, Postgraduate Diploma in Management (Rotorua)
- SIT, Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management (Invercargill)
LEVEL 8 PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS, NZ $ 15,000-20,000 PER YEAR:
- Auckland Institute of Studies, Postgraduate Diploma in Business administration (Auckland)
- UUNZ, Postgraduate Diploma in Business administration (Auckland)
- NZIE, Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Business (Auckland)
The cost of the programs of level 7 will be about NZ $ 16,000 – 32,000 per year. But there are also possible significant discounts: from NZ $ 8,000 for programs in private universities and from NZ $ 15,000 in public ones.
LEVEL 7 UNIVERSITIES, NZ $ 25,000-32,000 PER YEAR:
- The University of Auckland (Auckland)
- University of Otago (Dunedin)
- University of Canterbury (Christchurch)
- Victoria University (Wellington)
- Massey University (Auckland, Wellington, Palmerston North)
- The University of Waikato (Hamilton)
- Auckland University of Technology (Auckland)
- Lincoln University (Christchurch)
LEVEL 7 GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS, NZ $ 15,000-20,000 PER YEAR:
- Unitec (Auckland)
- Otago Polytechnic (Dunedin, Auckland)
- Wintec Waikato Institute of Technology (Hamilton)
- Eastern Institute of Technology (Napier, Auckland)
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (Nelson, Auckland)
- Ara Institute of Canterbury (Christchurch)
- Manukau Institute of Technology (Auckland)
- Whitireia New Zealand (Wellington, Auckland)
- Wellington Institute of Technology (Wellington)
- Western Institute of Technology (New Plymouth)
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology (Tauranga, Rotorua)
LEVEL 7 PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS, NZ $ 8000-18000 PER YEAR:
- NZSE (Auckland, Hamilton)
- IPU, Graduate Diploma of International Studies (Palmerston North)
- Auckland Institute of Studies (Auckland)
- Cornell Institute (Auckland)
- Aspire2 International (Auckland, Christchurch, Tauranga, Wellington)
- NZIE (Auckland)
- Regent International Group (Auckland)
If you find the program you are interested in, you can contact us for help with the program. This will save you time and money, as we already know all the steps in obtaining an invitation and student visa in the future, and in addition, some schools cooperate with us on special terms, in which our students receive significant discounts on training. We guarantee that we can make a more profitable offer in any case.
OPTIONS FOR TRAINING IN OTHER AREAS:
Fill out our questionnaire and we will find the best and most beneficial options specifically for your case.
More information about the immigration process on our website.