If you are in New Zealand and looking for an opportunity to stay here longer, Toi-Ohomai provides an excellent chance to pursue a Master’s degree and still retain the right to full-time work while studying.
Master of Management by Thesis
This is a level 9 program that can be completed in one year (120 credits). The program consists mainly of writing a dissertation, which implies independent work. Thus, students do not need to attend lectures and classes every day.
You only need to appear on campus about 2 days a fortnight (Friday and Saturday). The rest of the time, you are doing independent research and writing your thesis. You can also run this program online if you want. Therefore, you can take this program from anywhere in New Zealand. This means that you do not need to leave your city, quit your existing full-time job, and move to Rotorua or Tauranga to study at Toi-Ohomai.
Toi-Ohomai Campus in Rotorua
Benefits of Toi-Ohomai’s Master of Management by Thesis:
- The right to work full-time even on a student visa. This is almost the only Master’s program in New Zealand that offers such an advantage. Usually, on a student visa, a student has the right to work no more than 20 hours a week. In the case of this program, you do not need to quit your job to start your studies or switch to a part-time mode like with other training programs.
- Freedom in choosing a research topic. You decide in which area and in which industry you want to improve your management skills. Also, you designate the problem you want to work on yourself. Perhaps it will be related to the problems of the industry in which you work now. Thus, your research can make a significant contribution to the development of your industry, which will serve as a boost to your career.
- Academic pathway. This program is also perfect for those planning to further study for a PhD and teach at the university.
- Post Study Work Visa is issued for 3 years upon graduation. As it is a Level 9 program, the perks of getting a 3-year Post Study Work Visa are still there (in case of studying on campus).
- Work rights for the partner. The student’s partner has the opportunity to obtain a work visa for the period of study. Also, if you have children, they will have the right to study at school for free.
- Better chances to apply for residency. When applying for residence under the Skilled Migrant category, more points are awarded for a Master degree than for Level 7 or 8 qualifications.
- Price. Master of Management by Thesis costs NZ $ 23,050. This is one of the lowest prices for a Master’s program in New Zealand. Basically, you get a master’s degree for the price of a Graduate Diploma.
To enrol Master of Management by Thesis at Toi-Ohomai you should have:
- An undergraduate degree with honours or postgraduate diploma in business or related field of study.
- IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 or equivalent.
- A research proposal identifying the problem and the topic of future research.
- Two reference letters from your academic or professional background.
You will also need to find an Academic Research Supervisor who will guide you through your thesis. You can choose one whose area of research corresponds to your topic best.
- The largest tertiary provider in the Bay of Plenty region;
- Has two great modern campuses in Rotorua and Tauranga;
- Hosts the largest number of international students across all ITPs;
- Ranked No.1 globally in such services as welcoming, counselling support and social activities for international students.
If you are interested in studying for the Master of Management by Thesis at Toi-Ohomai, contact us, and we will help you collect the required documents and answer all questions that may arise. Besides, we will help you with obtaining a student visa if necessary. Our service is free of charge.